Current Trailhead Conditions (posted 5/15/2021)
The Great Outdoor Shop in Pinedale has posted an update for trail conditions in the Wind River Mountains as of May 13, 2021. Click on this link to go to their blog. They are open seven days a week from 8AM to 6PM. Their contact information is (307) 367-2440, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.greatoutdoorshop.com.
Town of Pinedale Community Clean-up Day May 22 (posted 5/13/2021)
The Town of Pinedale Community Clean-up Day will be on Saturday, May22nd. This year’s clean-up is being hosted by the Pinedale Lions Club and Main Street Pinedale. It will take place on Saturday from 8:30AM to 10AM. Individuals, families, friends, groups, organizations, businesses, and other non-profits, are all invited to participate to help make Pinedale a little cleaner. Route sign-ups at the Sublette County Courthouse lawn Main Street Pinedale tent. Trash bags available (no need to get up super early, we’ll still be here to sign you up for a route!). There will be a volunteer lunch at the Courthouse lawn from noon to 1PM.
Sublette Commissioners meeting May 18 (posted 5/13/2021)
Carrie Long, Sublette County Clerk
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
SUBLETTE COUNTY, WYOMING
LOVATT ROOM, PINEDALE LIBRARY
TUESDAY; MAY 18, 2021
9:00 a.m. Call to Order
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Request approval of the agenda
• Request approval of the prior meeting minutes (5/4/21).
9:05 a.m. Billy Pape, Road & Bridge, Update on Activities
Rio Verde Engineering – Update on Projects
9:30 a.m. Janna Lee, Public Health, PHEP/PHPR Contract
9:45 a.m. Sam Bixler, Marbleton Ball Fields proposal
10:00 a.m. Crystal Thompson, Main Street Pinedale, Farmer’s Market & Rendezvous
10:15 a.m. Jennifer R. Matosky, Extension Office, Donated Vehicles
10:30 a.m. Bill Kluck, EMS, Request part of proceeds from sale of Ambulance
10:45 a.m. Matt Murdock, Mayor – Town of Pinedale, Airport Closure
11:00 a.m. Todd Hurd, Forsgren & Associates, update on projects
11:30 a.m. Monthly Reports
• Accounts Payable
• Liquor License Applications
• Treasurer – Bond Approval
• Laila Illoway, Assessor
Lunch provided by Sublette County Library
1:00 p.m. Shad Cooper, Fire Warden
• Wildland Fire Engine
• Disposal of excess property
1:30 p.m. Emily Paravicini, Treasurer, Ad Valorem Exemption Discussion (2 hours)
Big Piney and Marbleton municipal election results (posted 5/13/2021)
Municipal elections for Big Piney and Marbleton, Wyoming were held on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Here are the results.
Big Piney election
Town Council: Tawnya Miller and Sierra Banks
More info: Town of Big Piney Facebook page
Mayor: Jim Robinson
Town Council: Bj Meador and Karen Wenz
More info: Town of Marbleton Facebook page
Marbleton Town Council Special Meeting May 18 (posted 5/13/2021)
Public Notice: The Marbleton Town Council will hold a Special Meeting on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 6:00PM in the Marbleton Town Hall. The purpose is to review and consider cost information for Fish Pond Building and to select the date for the 3rd budget meeting. To join the meeting via Zoom, request meeting login from the Marbleton Town Hall. For more information, call 307-276-3815.
USFS prescribed burn planned near White Pine (posted 5/13/2021)
Smoke may be visible from the Pinedale area
The Pinedale Ranger District of the Bridger-Teton National Forest will be doing ignition for their Skyline Fuels Reduction Project beginning Thursday, May 13th evening on South Fortification. The prescribed burn is expected to continue through Saturday, May 15th. The purpose of the burn is to remove hazardous fuels within and around the wildland urban interface and to minimize the intensity of future wildfires in the area.
The fires are in the area of White Pine Ski Area, Sweeny Creek, Kelly Park, and Skyline Drive. The burn units are approximately 380 acres in size. Sweeney Road and Kelly Park will be closed to the public over the course of ignitions. Public information will be available at the Sweeny Creek and Kelly Park parking areas. For more information, call the Pinedale Ranger District at 307-367-4326 or visit www.tetonfires.com.
Hospital District Board Special Meeting May 18th (posted 5/12/2021)
Sublette County Hospital District
The Sublette County Hospital District Board will be holding a special meeting on Tuesday, May 18th at 5:30 pm at the Marbleton/Big Piney Clinic. The purpose is to hold an Executive Session to interview candidates for a vacant seat on the Hospital District board. No announcements will be made at this time. A decision will be made and announced at the board meeting on Wednesday, May 19th at 6 pm in the Lovatt Room of the Pinedale Library.
Road work in Big Piney begins May 10 (posted 5/6/2021)
The Wyoming Department of Transportation, along with contract crews from Lewis & Lewis, Inc. will be working on about 5 miles of WYO 350 in Big Piney beginning May 10.
The project starts in the heart of Big Piney and will affect access to numerous residences along WYO 350. Crews will begin with milling operations, and will be placing the milled asphalt on the existing shoulders. Crews will also be placing a leveling course and overlay. There will also be some ADA improvements in the town at the intersections of Budd and Nichols Ave. and Smith Ave.
Construction will be taking place in front of the high school and there are several resident accesses across from the high school that will have their routine access limited during construction. However, access to these residences and the high school will be maintained during operations.
WYDOT requires that motorists remember to obey all roadside signs, flaggers, and traffic control devices to maintain safety for the traveling public as well as crews working in the area.
Community Clean-Up Day May 22 (posted 5/6/2021)
The Pinedale Lions Club and Main Street Pinedale are teaming up to co-host this year’s Pinedale Community Clean-Up Day on Saturday, May 22nd. Individuals, families, friends, groups, organizations, businesses, and other non-profits, are all invited to participate to help make Pinedale a little cleaner. Come out for a great community event and help keep Pinedale beautiful!
8:30 am – 10 am: Route Sign-ups at the Courthouse Lawn
MSP tent, trash bags available (no need to get up super early, we’ll still be here to sign you up for a route!)
Noon – 1 pm: Free Volunteer Lunch at Courthouse Lawn
Work at Pinedale Airport begins in June (posted 4/30/2021)
Grover Laseke, Airport Manager
Work on Pinedale Airport projects are scheduled for the summer of 2021.
• The East GA Apron project is anticipated to begin mid-June and last for 80 working days (estimated completion of October 1st). This project involves the construction of a new apron between taxiway Bravo and Charlie for larger aircraft and has been awarded to HK Contractors. For the duration of this project, no-self serve fueling capabilities will be available starting July 4th. The old fueling station will be removed and a new self-service avgas station will be installed near the current location. Jet fuel will be available through Emblem Aviation from their fuel truck during this time. This project is being paid for with an FAA grant.
• The rehabilitation of the runway is estimated to start after July 4th. HK Contractors has been awarded the contract for this work which should take 50 working days (estimated completion by mid-September). The airport will be closed to all aircraft operations except for helicopters during this time. After paving is completed, the runway will be opened back up for daytime use, but will be closed at night to complete runway grooving for an estimated 2 weeks. Tenants will be able to access their hangars during construction. This project is also being paid for with an FAA grant.
• Crack sealing project has a start date of May 17th. All taxiways, aprons and the parking lot will have cracks sealed before the pavement is sealed. This project is estimated to last for three working days and is being paid through a WYDOT grant. All vehicles must be removed from the parking lot or they will be towed.
• Pavement sealing and remarking will happen after the crack sealing project is completed. As with the crack sealing, we hope to complete this project during the runway shutdown. It will take about 5 days to compete. All vehicles will be required to be removed from the parking lot or they will be towed. This project is also being funded through a WYDOT grant.
• During the airport closure, Emblem Aviation will have limited hours but will be operating out of the Big Piney Airport.
• An online video conference will be held on Thursday May 20th at 5:00 PM for the purposes of updating all airport tenants and interested parties on these projects. Access can be obtained by using the below link or by calling the phone number listed. Online access to meeting will be at this link: meet.google.com/jbs-urrj-zcg Phone access can be made by calling 1-347-943-9833 / PIN: 984 902 263#
• The Airport Board has updated the airport minimum standards document. This document provides guidance for commercial operations at the airport. A copy for review is available at https://www.townofpinedale.us/airport.
• A new document titled Pinedale Airport Rules and Regulations is being formulated. These rules are in addition to the lot lease documents already in place for the airport. These rules will cover parking, motor vehicle operations, along with what activities are allowed on airport property. When finalized this document will be posted at https://www.townofpinedale.us/airport.
• A new flying club has organized at the Pinedale Airport. Wind River Flyers was formed over the last year and is now operational with a Cessna 182. Currently membership is limited to 12 persons with one membership slot open. Contact John Douglas at 307-413-7888 for details.
• The Pinedale Airport Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30 PM. Typically the meetings are held in the conference room at the airport. You can participate in the meetings by conference call. The meeting agendas are available on the Town of Pinedale website. You can also contact Airport Manager Grover Laseke and he will send you the agenda when it is developed. The public and all interested parties are welcome to attend.
• Two airport board member terms are expiring soon. If you are interested in applying for either of these positions, please send a letter of interest to Town Clerk Maureen Rudnick at MaureenRudnick@townofpinedale.us or by mail to PO Box 709, Pinedale, WY 82941.
For more information, contact Grover Laseke at (307) 360-9025 or email GroverLaseke@TownofPinedale.us.
Green River Valley Cattlemen’s Association Banquet & Fundraiser May 22 (posted 4/28/2021)
The Green River Valley Cattlemen’s Association Banquet & Fundraiser will be held on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:30PM at the Sublette County Fairgrounds in Big Piney. Dinner tickets are $25 (brisket, pulled pork, salad, dessert). There will be a cash bar. Live music featuring Jared Rogerson. There will be a scholarship raffle sponsored by Pickaroon Timber, post & poles, tickets $3 each or 4 for $10. Kids under 12 are entered to win a SR 110 dirt bike. There will be a silent auction featuring pieces made by Pinedale and Farson FFA teams. There will also be door prizes and a gun raffle – tickets will be available at the dinner, must be present to win. For more information, call Audra at 307-760-5737.
Accounting & CPA
Arts & Entertainment
Attorneys & Legal
Banks & Financial
Bed & Breakfasts
Builders & Contractors
Fabric & Crafts
Food & Drink
Grocery & Market
Guest Ranches & Lodges
Hardware & Feed
Health Care & Medical
Oil Field Services
Outfitters & Guides
Packaging & Shipping
Real Estate Agencies
Storage and Storage Units
Tattoos & Body Art
Tax Preparation Services